Sunday 29 May 2016

Coming around again

Hello stranger! Been ages since we chatted. How have you been?

It has been a long time since I posted on this site - almost 8 years to be precise. Of course, being that precise is depressing.

I've been babbling on about wine and family since I stopped writing here, and it rather took over.

However, I'm still in SE23, still love the area, still walk, and still have ideas for sharing news and views on this little corner of London.

I've been mulling over some possible ways of reviving this blog. The first task was to rejuvenate the look and feel a little, so all those posts from 2007 and 2008 are a bit more readable. It is amazing to think what has, and has not, changed in terms of blogging in that time. I gave the pages a fresher feel and will go through them to make sure links work (more or less) - but let me know if you find anything broken.

The new site will really need a mission, however, and I've got a few ideas, and the good news is that they will probably involve YOU, and not just me.

In the interim, I'm also helping to kickstart a brand new community site for SE23 residents with some fellow enthusiasts. If you fancy joining in, come to the new SE23 forum called SE23.LIFE to check it out and say hello.

I have a feeling that these two endeavours will become inextricably linked, all being well, and look forward to moving forward with them both.

Good to be back :)

No comments: